Facebook Instagram Bloglovin' Image Map

Edible Science

I am so excited to be sharing with you some of my favorite ways to make science not only fun but also engaging and hands on!!


One of my favorite ways to keep students engaged is by putting science in their mouths!  Students learn more when they have something to grab on to!  How much more do you think they remember when you give them something to eat that also has to do with what they are learning!?

When we were talking about rocks we were learning about the three different types of rocks.  Of course we also had there different foods that we could eat to help us remember the difference between sedimentary, metamorphic and igneous rocks.  It was a great to be able to see them apply that knowledge on their tests, and to tell each other more about it.


Every time I plan out a science unit I go through and make sure that I have a hands on lesson to go with each chapter.  I also make sure that I have not only a hands on lesson, but also something that they can eat!

What science lessons have you taught that were edible!?!  Did your students enjoy the activity and hold on to the information?!  I would love to hear more about your edible science lessons!


1 comment :

  1. Yum! I'm sure your students can't wait until your next lesson!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete