Facebook Instagram Bloglovin' Image Map

Dollar Store Math Activities

Hello!  Heather here from Learning with Mrs. Langley.  Is there anything better than getting kids engaged with some Dollar Store finds?  I love filling our math tubs with fun activities.  Today I will share some of new math activities I found recently at the local Dollar Store. 
First up: Ten Frames!
We use ten frames for just about everything in Kindergarten.  I introduced counting collections this week with these fun ice cube trays just in time for my pumpkin unit.  I got the colored pom poms at the Dollar Store too so they could have something festive to count.  
 This group counted by color and sorted their tens into little boats from the cafeteria.  We are loving counting our larger collections by tens!
 This group just wanted to count all of their collection before time was up so they just went for it!

These little cuties were counting their pom poms by size.  So many ways to differentiate with this activity! 

Next up: BIG DICE!
I love big dice!  I was really excited to find these big dice in the toy section.  We will be using these for some addition activities next week but we wanted to try them out in our math tubs just for fun.  I use dish pans to store all of our math tub materials in and they work wonders for keeping those die from flying all over the room.
 Fun right?  Kids are racing to the math tubs every day to get their hands on these fun materials.  The best part?  I didn't break the bank!

Thanks for stopping by for some math fun today.  Curious about what else I put in my math tubs? Check out some fun fall math and ELA centers HERE



No comments :

Post a Comment