Facebook Instagram Bloglovin' Image Map

The Great File Cabinet Debate

I’m glad that this month on Hello Sunshine is all about organization, because quite frankly…I could use some help.  Organization is not my strong suit, which is kind of funny because in all of my letters that I received for my teaching award this year people commented on how organized I was.  Man do I have them all fooled! 


This year, however, will be different.  My motto this year is simplify and organize.  So on to the great debate….


Slide1


Over the years I have given both a try.  I was a binder girl for a while, then curriculum changed and I gave the filing cabinet a try again.  This year I am back to the binders.  I started by creating a binder for each curriculum framework in each subject. 
 
Binder Covers


I created these binder covers in Power Point using my favorite Melonheadz clip art and some cute backgrounds from I Teach, What’s Your Super Power?  I decided against printing them in color because of the cost and decided to just print each subject on a different color of paper.


Slide2


I like that everything I need is in the binder or file and both are easy to take home if I need to do some planning from home. 


Slide3


Now, when it’s time to make copies for the week I can just grab the papers out of the pocket and send them to the copy room.  My hope is that by putting in a little time organizing now and throughout the year it will make the years ahead that much smoother!  That’s my plan anyway! 


 I’d love to hear how you plan on organizing this year.  Are you a binder or file cabinet teacher?  Why?  I’d love to hear your thoughts. Like I said, I’m a little organizationally challenged and I can use all the help I can get!


Blessings,
Jennifer

1 comment :

  1. I'm with you, I much prefer binders. They are so much easier to access from bookshelves. Thanks for all the ideas for keeping things organized. Good luck with your goal to organize and simplify.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete