Facebook Instagram Bloglovin' Image Map

Snow Kids

Good morning everyone!  This month we are bringing you all kinds of wintry ideas!  Living in Arizona makes it a little difficult to understand and appreciate what a real winter is.  (But being from Canada, I know!)   Even so, we do lots of fun winter themed activities throughout the winter months. One of my all-time favorite winter activities is these Snow Kids!


I love incorporating art with writing.  Even more I LOVE incorporating student pictures into their work.  This activity has all three tied into one!  For this activity I read a few books about snowy days.  Especially since we live in Arizona I like to show videos about snowy days.  Last year I showed them a skiing video with an avalanche and they loved it!  I put it on my staff website and they kept watching it all throughout the year!  Together we brainstorm a list of activities that we would like to do on a snowy day.  Then I pass out the snow kids papers and have them write their own sentences. After they were finished writing and coloring I cut out the circles for their faces.  I tape their pictures behind and mount the finished product on blue paper.  Put them on display - they're sure to be a crowd pleaser!

Check them out here.

On a snowy day I like to drink hot chocolate and go ice skating!  Luckily I can still do both of those things while living in Arizona!  Better yet, I don't have to suffer through the cold to do it!  ;)

What's your favorite thing to do on a Snowy Day???  


2 comments :

  1. This is so cute! I know your students had so much fun creating their little snow-self and writing about a snow adventure. Thanks for sharing the idea.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this writing craftivity is just too darned cute!
    And as far as favorite winter activities... I am also in the I Love to Drink Hot Chocolate club :o) But instead of ice skating, I prefer to do it snuggled up with a good book or fun Hallmark movie on TV!
    xo Pamela

    ReplyDelete